Tuesday, November 10, 2009

To be a mother...







So, I may regret this post later, but I am going ahead with it anyway. Often when I express gratitude for being a mother or say how much I love it, I have a really challenging day with my kids which makes me scream "What am I thinking???" But recently, after a few months of daily mom struggles, I have really been trying to enjoy my children more and be "in the moment". Sometimes it's hard in the middle of all the daily grind and repetative tasks to appreciate the blessing it is to be a mom, but when I take a step back and observe what's going on around me, I can truly see the miracle of it all. Once the spilled cereal, mountains of laundry, whining, and chaos are gone, I know I am going to miss this. And I really feel I need to appreciate it more! I have numerous friends, amazing wonderful friends, that are not able to have their own children right now. My heart aches for them as they courageously continue through life braving unanswered questions and empty arms. They truly are my hero's, and in the moments that I want to pull my hair out, I think of them. They help me appreciate what I have at this moment. I love these friends dearly, think of them often, and marvel at their incredible examples of faith and endurance. So, today I am going to try my best to celebrate the 3 little people who are messing up my house and demanding my time. I love them more than I could say.



4 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures. Good job on this post. It is always great to be reminded to live in the moment and enjoy these special spirits that we have been entrusted with. You are an amazing Mother and you have the most beautiful little girls that I love so dearly.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever thought about writing a book (and no I am not joking. I have my serious face on. You know what that looks like)? You put your words so eloquently. It was nice to read why I chose this profession. Thank you for sharing. Cute pictures by the way. The girls are so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, Becky, Becky! I LOVE YOU! I am sitting here all teary after reading your post. (I just found your blog for the first time today, by the way!) Anyway, I think you know that we tried for a long time to get our little Jackson here, right? He is truly our miracle baby! I have days where I want to pull all of my hair out too but then I remember all the prayers and all of the fasting and how I said I wouldn't complain and would never take it for granted. It's easier said than done sometimes, hu? THANKS for your post and reminding me how grateful I am for my little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bit young to be a mum but her in my bed so we can practice would be sweet, first her mouth to teach her the real reason she has one, next herass because herpussy isn't ready yet for a manscock but licking it and fingerfucking her would be amazing, the bestsex is with a kid adult is nowhere near as nice

    ReplyDelete