Friday, November 6, 2009

Mars and Venus....UGH!!!

Ok, so my sister in law is going to teach me how to do pictures, etc. soon, so hopefully soon my blog will be more than just random thoughts. But tonight, I have something to say. (Stop reading now if you are uninterested in things that don't matter ONE LITTLE BIT) Today was one of those days, where everything went the opposite of how I wanted things to go. I will spare you the boring details, but I do want to mention one thing....men and women...why are we so different? I mean, seriously, aside from the moments of balancing each other out and learning from one another, the rest seems like utter chaos in the universe to me. (Of course I know there is a purpose to this, but somedays it seems impossible!) Example....I HATE to buy clothes. There are many reasons for this, of course, but the main one being that I have a weird body shape that does not look good in everything. I am truly not trying to complain about my body here, just stating the facts. I have a friend (who shall remain nameless) that thinks it's hard for her to find clothes, but she looks good in everything she tries on. She is a size 0, and aside from the occassional wrong style or color, she looks good in everything. I am not that person. It takes some time to find something I feel good about. Also, I am not some trendy style girl who knows what is supposed to look good together, and what is not. I am a t-shirt and jeans girl through and through. So, let me now get around to my point. (Wow, I can just hear the clicking of people now erasing me from their blog lists as I continue to ramble on about absolutely nothing.)
So, I decided I wanted to get a new sunday church outfit or dress. I asked my wonderful husband if he would watch the kids for an hour today so I could go shopping alone. He was more than willing, but somehow we ended up at the zoo today (long story) and my plans of shopping got put on the back burner. Since I didn't get to go, on the way home he offered to stop at a store or two so I could run inside and see if there was anything I liked. He would sit in the car with the kids and watch a movie or something. Well, to make a long story short, I went to maybe 6 stores....nothing. I was extremely frustrated but he was determined for me to dfind something and he kept stopping at stores along the way and encouraging me to go inside. By the time I came out of the last store he huffed and said "Oh my gosh, what is the big deal? Is it really that hard to find a dress, or are you just really picky". Hmmm....not exactly the thing a girl who just tried on numerous dresses (that didn't fit, mind you) in numerous stores wants to hear. When I shop with him, he tries on 1 pair of shorts or pants (because he is one size...all waist) and just picks stuff up off the shelves and off we go. All shirts are the same, all shorts just right. Ta-dah! All done. It is not that way for me. I may be picky, but what a man can never understand is how buying clothes is not that easy for a woman. Maybe it is me, but I feel I have some pretty valid complaints. They are as follows:

1) I have extremely short legs. Do you know how hard it is to find short legged jeans and pants? Maybe not too difficult if you are "junkless in the trunk area", but for those of us with some curves, it is a difficult task! It seems that they have jeans for every size of tall women, but when it comes to short stubby legs and wide hips, nothing. And yes there are petite and short, but they are not always long enough.

2) Short skirts.....they are everywhere. Once again, for someone who is short, the skirt never seems to be the right length. It is always at least 2 inches too short. If it does happen to cover things up, it never does when sitting....and you know that church is a wrestling match if you have young kids. There's no way you can keep things all straight and covered when you are up and down and bending and stretching!

3) Dresses with too short sleeves, or sleeveless....The sleeveless thing can work, but you've got to find the right shirt to go under it or the right sweater to go on top of it. Not as easy as it may seem.

Ok, I could go on, but I will stop there. Does anyone else have these problems? Am I just really too picky? It is entirely possible....All I am saying is that men sometimes don't know how easy they have it when it comes to things like this! For them it's shirt, pants or shorts...and on Sunday it's "Which tie should I wear?" Seriously, unbalanced universe here! As for tonight, it is only 8:30 p.m. but I am taking my picky self and putting on my tried and true unmatching pajama's and going to bed! Goodnight!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Schmeck. I don't think you're too picky (perhaps too critical of yourself - I bet you look darling!) and I absolutely understand trying to fit every curve so that it flatters (not that curves are bad - it just takes thought and time and hello, it would be nice if clothes were made that way). I do have to say, however, that as I was reading I thought, for probably the 100,000 time in my life, "Ryan is perfect for that girl." I honestly do not know of one husband that would take their wife to SIX stores and sit in the car...mine would be huffing after two...MAX! Nontheless, maybe the two of us should go together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crud - sorry, this is Malia...not Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Rebecca Rae Wadworth Heiner. You are too cute. You put your words in just the correct way to explain the difference between men and woman and the horrid word of "SHOPPING". Thank you for sharing because that is the way I feel at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear friend, I feel your pain my short friend.
    I tried on 8 pair of jeans at Target and NOThING. So off to Old Navy where I did find things in SHORT and they worked for me. I hope you will find something that will work for you too.
    Just for the record, I do not think you have too much Junk in the Trunk. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, you make me smile :). By the way, now that I know why you were dress shopping, you looked adorable on Sunday!!

    I definately related to the "short legs". But, I think you have the cutest body ever!

    ReplyDelete